Friday, September 5, 2008

Compositional Trick #3: Macro





These photos were taken by using the compositional trick of Macro. This function is available on all digital cameras and the way to get it is by pushing on the 'macro icon'. The macro icon is a button on the camera that looks like a little flower. This function causes the lense to refocus on objects in a shortrange way, and also up close. Both these things cause you to see the textures and they cause you to have cool shots of emphasis' that are tiny. Within the first picture the type of macro that I'd used was Macro: Depth of Field, and within the second I'd just used macro.
Depth of Field is a trick that is used making you have a shallow/small backround and image. With using depth of field you have to maintain your focal point on one object which will make your emphasis stand out and the backround blur out. Yet it doesn't necessarily have to be the backround that blurs. Your emphasis can be anywhere in the picture which could make it to where the forefront of the picture blurs, either side, top, bottom, etc.
Macro is a choice that should be used when your taking a picture of a small object in shortrange, and also when you want to showoff the texture of your emphasis.
The photo that I favor to is the one where I'd used 'depth of field' as my goal. My emphasis was the tiny orange flower bud and by using macro I was able to have a shot that concentrated on this flower. As a result from macro the backround had blurred out, which causes a cool artistic effect and feel to it which is why I like this photo.

No comments: