Thursday, September 11, 2008

Crop

Cropping is a trick that photographers do all the time, even if they don't realize it. Every time a photographer chooses to cut something out of his/her frame, before they snap the photo, that is in essence cropping. We also have learned tools on Photoshop that allow us to crop an image after we have taken it. When cropping in Photoshop it is possible to improve our composition or change it completely.
What I had changed from my original photo making it to this one, was excess space, and unwanted sights of other objects in the backround, along with an unwanted view of the whole plant because that would have just been a typical picture in my mind, rather than something different. I like my cropped photo better than the original because it has a better feel, it has an emphasis, when before it had to much stuff in the picture which made it have no meaning.
Two different ways that I used to make it cropped was resizing the photo along with taking out unecessary stuff.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the concept and beauty of something so full of color and life growing out of what seems to simply be a crack in the concrete. How deep is that?.

Miss Cook said...

Your portfolio is looking quite excellent. Don't forget to post your portraits, and, you need to put the crop in the correct order. Keep up all the beautiful work you do!